Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership covers the areas of Illingworth, Mixenden, Ovenden, Northowram & Shelf and parts of Pellon. Holywell Green, Elland, Rastrick and Brighouse. There are 10 Children’s Centres and a Core Services team based within these areas.
We are committed to providing a secure and supportive environment in which children can develop and grow; this includes embedding British Values into the curriculum and actively promoting these in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
The following services are on offer:-
- Good quality learning combined with full day care provision for children aged 0-5
- Child and Family Health Services, including Antenatal Services
- Parental Outreach
- Support for Childminders
- Support for Children and Parents with Additional Needs
- Effective links with Job Centre Plus to support parents and carers who wish to consider Training and Employment
- Drop in sessions and other activities for children and carers at all centres
- Activities for Families during School Holidays
- Volunteering Opportunities
For more information on the services on offer at your nearest Centre click on the link to your left. Alternatively contact the Core Services team on
Our Vision is to: Work with parents and our partners to ensure that all children across the area have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children.
Children’s Centres in North & East Halifax and Lower Valley, you can click on the links above or the link below:
Keep up to date with what’s going on….
Please see our current newsletter by clicking here…
Child Car Seat Safety We get asked many times about the latest law around child car seat safety and our advice to families is to visit the Government website. For the latest, most accurate updates please visit https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules
STOP PRESS Children’s Centre inspection says the Children’s Centres in this area are officially good Click here to view the Ofsted report
If the alignment is not correct on these pages please upgrade your Internet browser!