Here are Sure Start Children’s Centres North Halifax Partnership we recognise that volunteers play an important part in helping us to provide a quality service, at the same time building a portfolio of work experience and qualifications. This can then help when applying for paid work.
What Sure Start Can offer you as a Volunteer:
- A wide variety of Vacancies
- Opportunity to develop new skills and gain experience in a work environment
- A placement with regualr supervisions, guidance and feedback
- A professional working environment with well developed policies and procedures
- In house training if appropriate
- Paid expenses if necessary
- References for future employment
Other reasons why you might want to volunteer:
- Advice & guidance
- Keeping you active
- Improving your community
- Making friends
What we ask from you as a Volunteer:
- Regular attendance and commitment to appointed role
- Actively promote Children’s Centres values
- Be respectful, honest, professional and polite
Volunteering courses for 2020:
Monday 10th February 12:00pm-2:30pm and Monday 24th February 11.30am-2:00pm at Creations Children’s Centre
Tuesday 9th June 2020 12:00pm – 2:00pm and Tuesday 16th June 2020 12:00pm – 2:00pm at Wellholme Park Children’s Centre
Wednesday 7th October 10:00am-1.00pm and Wednesday 14th October 10am – 1pm at Innovations Children’s Centre
What do I do now?
If you can spare some time and would like to know more about our service and the area in which we work then you are welcome to book onto our next ‘Volunteering, is it for you?’ session.
To book a place click here to complete the booking form
If you have any queries contact Core Services on 01422 251090.