Elland Children’s Centre is situated right in the heart of Elland Community next to Elland J, I & N school. The Centre opened in June 2006 and is easily accessible on foot, car or public transport.
The Children’s Centre offers a variety of services which includes full daycare, early education, family support, health services, adult & family learning and a wide range of groups and sessions for children and families which cater towards the needs of the Community.
We provide full and part time day care for children aged 0-5 years within an Early Years Foundation setting. We pride ourselves on ensuring that every child gets the best possible start in life with an ‘every child matters’ policy which helps children and their families to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic wellbeing.
As a Children’s Centre we work closely with a wide range of agencies and voluntary organisations in order to support families in the community and surrounding area. We provide services/activities for families in a safe, warm and friendly environment.
Continuous consultation with families in the area has enabled us to prioritise the services that are available at the Centre and helped us to focus on developing innovative ways to ensure that parents and users have all been able to influence the services that are available.
Sure Start Children’s Centre services include:-
- Good quality learning combined with full daycare provision for children aged 0-5 years
- Child and family health services, including antenatal services
- Support for children and parents including those with special needs
- Effective links with Job Centre Plus to support parents and carers who wish to consider training and employment
- Drop in sessions and other activities for parents and families
- Term time programme of activities for parents and families
- Activities for families during school holidays
If there is anything you would like to know about the services on offer please contact
Centre opening times are 8am-6pm
Elland Children’s Centre
The regular activities and services that are available at the Children’s Centre on a weekly basis are as follows:
- Tiny Treasures
- Nursery Provision
- Daycare Policies and Procedures
- Family Health
- Rhyme and Reading
- Family Learning- Activities & Courses
- Employment & Training Support
- Family Support
- Family Support Drop In
- Support For Parents with Children with Special Educational Needs
- Advisory Board
- Job Centre Plus
The centre also provides rooms that can be hired out for meetings/courses etc. For any information about the activities we offer please feel free to drop into the Centre at anytime or ring us on 01422 266197