We are a dedicated team of support workers who can provide structured & tailored Family Support that suits you.
We also offer practical friendly advice to help you manage through those difficult times of family life.
Being a parent isn’t always easy, that’s why we’d like to support you, to help all children to:
– Be healthy
– Stay safe
– Enjoy and achieve
– Make a positive contribution
– Achieve economic well being
What you can access…
Here are some of the services we offer:
· A range of Stay and Play groups
· A range of activities for adults and children
· A range of training opportunities
· Access to Dad’s groups.
· Adult education and return to work support
· Parents forum
What the Family Support Team offer…
This is what we can offer:
· Confidential support for parents/carers
· Support with your child’s behaviour
· Support with school issues
· Parenting programmes
· Support to access benefits and debt advice
· Advice on local housing services
· Support and advice on your child’s developmental needs
· Speech and language advice and support.
· One to one support
· Offering advice, support and guidance about parenting
How to contact us…
We are available 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Please call 01484 386621 and speak to duty worker who can talk over your needs, worries or concerns, or if you are wanting general advice or information.
Referral Process to have a allocated support worker…
Once your referral has been received by the Family Support Team, this will be the process:
1) A Family Support Team referral will be completed with basic background information
2) A Family Support Team member will contact you within 2 weeks of receiving your referral to arrange an introductory visit or in some cases you will recieve a letter confirming the expected contact time
3) You will jointly agree what your support needs are and start your journey with Sure Start
If we haven’t seen or heard from you arfter 6 months we will give you a courtesy call.