We recognise that Volunteers play an important part in helping us to provide a quality service, while helping you build a portfolio of work experience and qualifications. This can then help when applying for paid employment.
What Sure Start Can offer you as a Volunteer:
- A wide variety of vacancies
- Opportunity to develop new skills and gain experience in a work environment
- A placement with regular supervisions, guidance and feedback
- A professional working environment with well developed policies and procedures
- In house training if appropriate
- Paid expenses if necessary
- References for future employment
Other reasons why you might want to Volunteer:
- Advice and guidance
- Keeping you active
- Improving your community
- Making friends
What we ask from you as a Volunteer:
- Complete both sessions of our Volunteer Training Course
- Regular attendance and commitment to appointed role
- Actively promote Children’s Centres values
- Be respectful, honest, professional and polite
All courses for 2023 have taken place, you can still complete the booking form and be placed on a list for our next available course.
Week 1: You will learn about what volunteering opportunities we have available within our Children’s Centres, what we offer and how you can benefit.
Week 2: This will cover safeguarding, confidentiality and health and safety.
Once both session are complete and following the receipt of a DBS and 2 satisfactory references, you will be offered a position with us volunteering. We have a range of volunteering opportunities available, from working in early years to admin.
What do I do now?
Reserve your place on our volunteers course using our booking form. For more information please contact Chloe Machon 01422 251090. Please note, you will need to attend both sessions of the course.