Volunteers play an important part in helping us to provide a quality service, while helping you build a portfolio of work experience and qualifications.
Why volunteer with us?
Make a difference
You can help create a positive and nurturing environment for our little ones to thrive.
Gain new skills
Gain valuable skills while working with an amazing group of like-minded people.
Join a community of compassionate individuals who share your passion for creating a better future for all generations.
Experience the joy of sharing laughter, learning, and special moments with our children and team!
What else do we offer?
- A wide variety of vacancies
- Advice and support
- Opportunity to develop new skills and gain experience in a work environment
- A placement with regular supervisions, guidance and feedback
- A professional working environment with well developed policies and procedures
- In house training if appropriate
- Paid expenses if necessary
- References for future employment
What we ask from you as a volunteer:
- Complete both sessions of our Volunteer Training Course
- Regular attendance and commitment to appointed role
- Actively promote Children’s Centres values
- Be respectful, honest, professional and polite
Upcoming volunteer courses:
Wednesday 21st and Wednesday 28th February 2024 11am – 1pm at Kevin Pearce Children’s Centre, Ovenden, HX3 5RQ.
Tuesday 18th and Tuesday 25th June 2024 10am – 12pm at Elland Churches Centre, HX5 0BB
Monday 7th and Monday 14th October 2024 11am – 1pm at Creations Children’s Centre, HX2 0QD
Week 1: You will learn about what volunteering opportunities we have available within our Children’s Centres, what we offer and how you can benefit.
Week 2: This will cover safeguarding, confidentiality and health and safety.
Once both session are complete and following the receipt of a DBS and 2 satisfactory references, you will be offered a position with us volunteering. We have a range of volunteering opportunities available, from working in early years to admin.
What do I do now?
Reserve your place on our course using our online booking form. For more information please contact Chloe Machon 01422 251090. Please note, you will need to attend both sessions of the course.