Welcome to Wellholme Park Children’s Centre Nursery
Let us introduce ourselves…
We are a 37-place day nursery that offers a range of sessions for children aged between 0 and 5 years of age. Our nursery consists of our Baby Room 0-2 year, 2-3 Room and 3-5 Pre-School Room. Wellholme Park Children’s Centre is an OFSTED rated “Good” provider in all areas, and endeavour to achieve outstanding.
The staff team at Wellholme Park Children’s Centre hold a variety of qualifications from degree level to Level 3 qualified. All staff hold a paediatric first aid, food hygiene, food allergen and safeguarding certificate as standard.
Our dedicated team members work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure that every child is getting the most out their time in nursery, we regularly plan stay and play sessions, open days and parents’ evenings to allow families to regularly spend time with their child in the setting, which we think is a vital factor in supporting children’s learning and development.
We operate a key person system within the nursery which means that your child will be allocated a member of staff who, as their main carer, will be responsible for developing a close relationship with them so that they feel safe, secure, and happy whilst they are with us. Parents also benefit from this as they have a regular point of contact for any questions or concerns and are kept informed and involved at all times. Parents/carers will be provided with daily information of their child’s activities, such as how much they have eaten, what their day has been like, which friends they have played with throughout the day – all those little moments that parents want to hear about!
We strive to ensure that each individual child’s needs are met; supporting and developing their individual potential so they achieve the learning and development goals set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. We currently plan and monitor children’s development using the Birth to Five Matters document.
We are open 50 weeks of the year from 7.45am – 5.45pm. We close twice yearly for staff training days. We offer a range of different sessions which are chargeable consisting of AM sessions, PM sessions or full days. We also offer free Early Education Funding sessions for eligible 2-year-olds and all 3-year-olds. These sessions can be stand-alone set sessions or incorporated into your child’s day if you are already paying fees to attend.
Why not come and see us and meet the team? You are welcome to just drop by or phone and make an appointment. We look forward to meeting you.
Our charges are broken down as follows:-
£54 Full Day Session
£34 Morning Session
£32 Afternoon Session
Children who attend the nursery for full days receive breakfast, lunch and tea. Children attending morning sessions receive breakfast and lunch and those children attending the afternoon sessions receive tea.
Free Child Places:
15 hrs free child care per week. We offer early education funded places for two, three and four year olds.
We aim to provide a well-balanced and nutritional menu, providing the children with many varied healthy foods. All of which is freshly prepared on site on a daily basis.
We take in to account children with special dietary requirements, allergies and parents meal suggestions.
Children are made aware of what constitutes a healthy lifestyle and have even grown their own vegetables including green beans, cabbages and potatoes – as they know that these make them “big and strong”.
Sample Menus (PDF)
- I am really pleased with the nursery. They are very professional with Parents and in terms of learning. My child has come on so much since attending Wellholme.
- My Daughter loves coming to nursery especially to see her key worker Gemma. She has made friends and her confidence is growing thanks to the support in nursery.
- Really pleased how he is getting on at nursery. It has calmed him down a lot and he is always really excited to see his friends and the staff at Wellholme.
- Nursery are very supportive and are always there to listen if I have any concerns. Nursery have helped to bring my child on so much.
- My Daughter is doing great. Nursery is brilliant. I recommend Wellholme Nursery.
- Thanks for all your support! We love Wellholme and all the staff. Couldn’t be happier sending my Son to nursery here.
- Really proud of my Son’s report. All the staff have given us so much support. Wellholme have helped make him a great kid. We love Wellholme, it is a great and amazing place to attend. I tell all my friends.
- My Daughter loves nursery and wants to attend every day! She has come on leaps and bounds since starting in September. My child has very good manners that she has learnt at nursery. Using these in all tasks at home.
- We love nursery. My child really enjoys attending and is learning lots. I have always been impressed by Wellholme. We attended Baby Group and now nursery. I wish Baby Group was still up and running as I would like to attend with my youngest child. I really enjoyed it with my Daughter.
- We are really happy that our Son is at nursery. At first, we were unsure whether to take him to a nursery, but we are so glad we did as he has developed so much from it.
- I’m really pleased with nursery. The staff in Room 2 are lovely. My Daughter really enjoys attending. Surestart is brilliant!
We are open Monday to Friday from 7.45am to 5.45pm.
We close for Christmas, the New Year and Bank Holidays. We offer full day and half day sessions.
Morning sessions run from 7.45am- 12.45pm
Afternoon sessions run from 12.45pm – 5.45pm
A Parents’ Guide to the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (PDF)
Policies and Procedures
Wellholme Park Children’s Centre nursery has been rated as ‘Good’ in the latest Ofsted inspection.
This pdf gives a snapshot of some of our recent activities.
What is the Famly App?
Our children’s centre nurseries use an app called Famly which can be accessed on mobiles or online. We use this to stay in touch and to keep up keep you updated on your child’s development whist at our settings.
You will have your own individual account which allows your personal feed to receive photographs, videos, messages and updates in real time. Parents can grant access to other family member like grandparents, to view their child’s learning journey on the app.
Each child will have an individual Learning Journey in here and it here we will share observations of your child’s learning and development and link it to the early years foundation stage. This will help you understand he progress your child is making.
The app is a fully encrypted GDPR – compliant and digital platform therefore all data stored on the app is protected and secure.
Wellholme Park Children’s Centre