North Halifax Partnership are commissioned by Calderdale Council to deliver Children’s Centre Service’s in Calderdale.
The Children’s Centre’s support families within the local community through childcare, early education, health services and training opportunities. They believe that each child should be given the opportunity to have the best start in life and they strive to support families to achieve this and make family life a positive and enjoyable experience.
We are looking for an inspirational manager to work within one of our centres in North Halifax who has substantial experience of delivering high quality day care and education, has exceptional leadership skills and experience to manage and support the staff team. You will be required to provide effective management and clear leadership to the staff team in the Children’s Centre.
Main Responsibilities of the Children’s Centre Manager:
- Strategic management of children’s services through delivery of high-quality Children’s Centre Services.
- Line management of Children’s Centre team and any posts linked to lead roles.
- In conjunction with the Senior Children’s Centre Manager and CEO lead on the development of multi-agency and extended area wide services.
- Support the process of commissioning of Children’s Centres and delivery of the contract.
- Overall responsibility for between 2 and 3 buildings out of which Children’s Centre services are delivered.
- The direct line management of the Deputy Children’s Centre Manager/s and to overview line management of other Children’s Centre staff; directly managing other staff as needed. Direct line management of staff relevant to lead areas.
- To ensure the correct use and implementation of company policies and procedures and review where needed.
- To implement relevant health and safety Procedures in relation to management of buildings.
- To manage a budget to support the work of the Children’s Centres and lead areas of work.
- To prepare reports for Stakeholder Locality Meetings, North Halifax Partnership Board and others as agreed with the Senior Children’s Centre Manager and CEO.
About the Successful Children’s Centre Manager Candidate:
The post holder will have excellent working knowledge and understanding of managing safeguarding issues and working holistically with a range of partners.
You will need experience of community and outreach work to deliver the Children’s Centre agenda in the local community. The role also requires excellent communication skills and proven report writing experience as well as proficient numeracy skills.
The postholder will have a passion for supporting children and their families to reach their full potential.
Some travel between sites will be required so ability to travel in connection with work is essential.
Must hold an approved qualification in early years (level 3 or above) as defined by the Department for Education on the Early Years Qualifications (list published on GOV.UK: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/early-years-qualifications-finder which also includes information on overseas qualifications).
Leadership & management qualification at Level 5 or above, for example ILM 5 in leadership
GCSE Grade C or above in English.
Demonstrable continued professional development and a willingness to undertake relevant training to update skills.
Evidence of up-to-date safeguarding training.
Some of the benefits for working for North Halifax Partnership are a generous leave entitlement, with Christmas closedown, staff health and wellbeing programme, training & career progression opportunities.
If you think you are the person we are looking for and would like to visit the Children’s Centre or discuss the role in more detail, please contact Nicola Holdsworth 07823444335
This post is eligible for a golden hello payment which means you could receive an additional £500 over the first 12 months of employment.
Closing date for the post is 12 noon on the 21st November 2022
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 7th December 2022
Please note: if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the stated closing date, please assume you have not been shortlisted for interview.
North Halifax Partnership LTD is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undertake a DBS Check.