Within our centre we are currently taking part in ‘Food for Life Early Years Award’
The Soil Association’s Food for Life Early Years Award is an independent endorsement for nurseries and children’s centres that serve good quality, nutritious food and support the babies and children in their care to develop good eating habits for life. Evidence shows that eating habits form early, and good nutrition plays a crucial role in a child’s growth and cognitive development.
This means that we are working towards:
- Meeting the Voluntary Food & Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings
- Meeting Ofsted requirements to promote an ethos of healthy eating
- Encouraging children to grow, cook and enjoy a variety of vegetables and fruits
- Supporting parents with advice on healthy complementary feeding and tackling fussy eating
- Meeting UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative standards for breastfeeding support
- Meeting Government guidelines for nutrition in the first year of life.